Monday, December 28, 2009

Has anyone actually tried to cook one of Heston Blumenthal recipes?

I laughed last night when he said he tries to keep them basic for everyday home cooks!Has anyone actually tried to cook one of Heston Blumenthal recipes?
Like zakiit I did his spag bol. Took a whole day and although a bit of an undertaking, it was, in its own way, quite therapeutic. Result was great and all the effort was worthwhile as there was enough for 4 meals for my wife and I.


I would love to do his steak but there is no way I would be allowed to leave the oven on when I was in bed LOLHas anyone actually tried to cook one of Heston Blumenthal recipes?
Dry ice and liquid nitrogen





they don't even sell those at waitrose!!!








I do think the guy is a genius and the desserts that he made for the Roald Dahl anniversary were fantastic
LOL, I'd be starving by the time it was ready!!
Yes, I did his bolognese. V nice, but living 5 floors up I cannot do his more flammable experiments! It does all seem to be a bit of a faff!
Fantastic question, so that's, what, 8 of us so far who haven't..... did you see the black forest gateau??? You needed to be a serious rocket scientist xx
He's Blumen good !!!!





But too complicated for me.
I know, I worked as a chef for 10 years, and I found it daunting........whats wrong with flour based sauces anyway????


It is easier to make a roux than to use eggs as a thickening agent.


Someone should send him into a normal house, and see if he can find the liquid nitrogen case
I think this man has some real issues that I don't dare to soil your lady like ears with!!!!! x
Me too! It looked delicious, but you'd need a week off work just to assemble the ingredients. As for his sand and sea topping!
never tried to cook any of his stuff, i love him though and I'm saving up to go to the Fat Duck in Bray...however i wouldn't say his creations were really for the majority of us home cooks no...maybe the recipes in his books are simpler and use more common techniques..but then again !

No comments:

Post a Comment