Monday, December 28, 2009

What recipes can I use tomato paste in?

Besides spaghetti (most obvious answer).


I have leftover tomato paste and I don't want to waste it..What recipes can I use tomato paste in?
use it in lasagna,


or this is very delicious......put some finely chopped onions and minced beef and 2-3 tbsps tomato paste in a frying pan and mix well over heat till the meet changes color, add some salt and pepper and whatever seasoning u like, then add 1 cup of water and bring to boil...


meanwhile take 4-5 aubergines and peel them and lightly fry them, then pour the meet on the aubergines and put on a medium heat for 15-20 minutes.....serve, and mind your fingers!!!What recipes can I use tomato paste in?
Chili, gulosh
I use it a lot - pasta sauce,rissotto, stew, on the base of a pizza, mixed with roasted veg%26amp; couscous, in tomato soup...
Pizza base and pasta sauces.
baked potato boats


just boil potato nd cut into 2 pcs nd scoop from middle nd add ur left out dishes with paste nd bake.
meatloaf
you can freeze your leftover tomato paste to use it at a later date.
Basically what everyone else said. But don't let it go to waste in the meantime either. On a piece of wax paper, put individual tablespoons, then put it in the freezer. When the blobs are frozen, put them in a ziplock and back in the freezer. They're handy whenever you need just a tablespoon or two!
At first I saw this question and I was like duh...spaghetti...then I read the details and now I have nothing to say...sorry...I tried...
Tomato pilaf





Heat 2 tbsp oil, put in a cinamon stick and 3 cloves. 15 secs later add 1/2 a chopped onion and fry till softens and changes color a bit. Lower the heat and add 1/2 tsp of chopped garlic, and 3 tablespoons of tomato paste, plus 3 tablespoons of water so the tomato paste doesn't burn. Add 2 cups of washed drained basmati rice to the pot and stir till coated. Add 4 cups of hot water, 1 3/4 tsp of salt and bring to a boil. Let it bubble till the level of water reduces down to the level of the rice and ';craters'; (like small volcanoes) are beginning to form in the rice. Cover the pot and turn heat to lowest heat on your smaller burner. It should be cooked in about 20 minutes. Hope you enjoy it .. I love the taste and the appearance. Remember to remove the cinamon stick and cloves .. as they are awful if you bite on them. If you don't have those ingredients.. you could use just the garlic, onions and 1/2 tsp dried parsley.
oo that tomato pilaf sounds interesting. I might have to try that.





Last time I used tomato paste was making shrimp creole.
tomato soup :)
pizza or loads of pasta dishes ,mama mia!

No comments:

Post a Comment