Monday, December 28, 2009

How important is it to you to have photos with recipes on web-sites?

Hello,


Do you prefer photos with recipes on food web-sites or doesn't it matter? Myself, I prefer photos along with them.





Thank you,


Genesee from


http://www.the-chocolate-spot.comHow important is it to you to have photos with recipes on web-sites?
I don't really care if the recipe comes with a photo, however when I am thumbing through a book looking for insperation, a good photo just might sway me...


Cheers


BHow important is it to you to have photos with recipes on web-sites?
I think for the beginning cook it's essential to have a picture to give an idea what you're trying to achieve. Personally, I spend too much time in the kitchen so I'm indifferent about pictures. I can tell by reading a recipe what I want it to look like. More often than not I only use recipes for inspiration and then do my own thing with them anyway.
Very important. I need a visual of what something looks like. I put together a newsletter every month for my company and include recipes. I won't put one in if it doesn't have a picture.
i like to have a photo with it, so i can see what it is supposed to look like.
Definately need photos or I dont cook the recipes - just my preference!
I think there should be photos so people can see what it's going to look like.
i like to have pictures....so i know what the end result should look like :)
Personally, I think it is a tremendous benefit to the readers of our pages to have images of our foods available on our web pages of recipes. I also know what an amazing thing that is to accomplish. I have well over 400 recipes on site now and more to come. To have the ability to prepare each of those dishes and to photograph them would be both enormously expensive and very time consuming. When your site is content driven, as ours is, it is also extremely important to get the search engines to recognize your site with keyword driven content that exhibits really good technical writing too. Remember that we need to write for both the human reader and the spyders that are crawling through the web looking for those amazingly specific keywords that people are looking for!


At http://www.your-vegetarian-kitchen.com/h… we made a conscious decision to get the pertinent information and our recipes written and posted. It was not long before that the stats told us where to concentrate our attention -- which is in eggless desserts! That information directed my work for many months and I have yet to get back to other areas that I personally want to focus on -- like veggies galore themselves, grain dishes, beans and legumes -- this project is huge and requires a lot of patience with myself! I am trying to compress a lifetime of culinary experience onto these pages in very little time! I think you will find that to be part of the dance as well. Patience and taking one step at a time: ';Inch by inch, row by row, that's the way websites grow!'; are key to success.


Only now, after a year of having our work seen in more than 80 countries and having been picked up by a German Search Engine in addition to Google, Ask, MSLive, Yahoo etc., only now that we have been able to develop a following of wonderful world-wide vegetarian/vegan support are we able to focus on beginning to get the recipes each on its own page and to begin to add photos as they become available.


You have entered into the tremendously exciting world of infopreneur-ship and e-commerce. There is a huge amount to learn and many, many hundreds of hours of wonderfully exciting work ahead of you, and all the conversation about it in the world isn't going to do it for you. You just need to write; and to write; and to write! Sure find images along the way but do not let that stop the writing. Just remember that the content is what counts. Beautiful, mouth watering images and all the bells and whistles in the world cannot do what good information can do for your readers -- and for the Search Engines also.


Good luck. And don't forget to have fun along the way. The amount of work to be done can definitely seem daunting at times.
  • myspace.com picture
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment