Monday, December 28, 2009

Do you double bay leaves when doubling recipes?

I am making tomato sauce and I making the recipe x4. The original recipe calls for 1 bay leave, do I put 4 in or will that over power it? Thanks so much!Do you double bay leaves when doubling recipes?
be careful the taste of them is strongDo you double bay leaves when doubling recipes?
I would scale the recipe accordingly. If you are x4ing the recipie i would x4 every part including the leaves.
Since bay leaves are used for flavor follow the recipe because as the amount of soup increases you will need more flavor.
why wouldnt you if your doubling a recipie I assume that you have to double everything! It only makes sense.
better just try a couple because too many bay leaves can make for an overpowering taste.
nope, add in proportion. 4 leaves
use 4

No comments:

Post a Comment