Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can Splenda be used in pickling recipes?

Like pickles,beets or eggs,I `m borderline diabetic and I`m trying to control my sugar and I hate missing out on some of these things!Can Splenda be used in pickling recipes?
I guess you probably could, but is there really that much sugar in pickling things that it is going to effect you. I only ask this as I have friends who are diabetic and do have a limited amount of pickled items in their diets and it doesn't effect their blood sugar at all. I don't want to make you sick, but check out the amount of sugar you would get from something pickled with sugar before you play around with trying it with splenda, I just don't think you will be happy after all the work. This is coming from someone who is always watching their sugar intake.Can Splenda be used in pickling recipes?
No guessing here:


Recipes for low sodium or low sugar pickles are common requests of callers to University of Missouri Extension offices. The recipes printed here and on page four are both from the


National Center for Home Food Preservation website, http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/index.html. The “No-Sugar Added Sweet Cucumber Slices” is a newly developed recipe using the sweetener Splenda. Both of these recipes have been thoroughly tested for safety and quality. For safety, do not make changes to them.
Splenda can be used anywhere instead of sugar. It is made from sugar, just more refined.

No comments:

Post a Comment