Monday, December 28, 2009

I need dog treat recipes that you've had good luck with?

I'd like some dog or puppy treat recipes that you've actually made and know your dog likes. I've found several recipes on the internet but I'm not sure if my dog would actually eat any of them, so I'd like some that are tried and true. I have an adult Lab mix and a 4 month old Husky if that matters. I'd like some simple milk bone recipes as well as complex ';cupcake'; ones.I need dog treat recipes that you've had good luck with?
i make this one all the time for my dogs and they just love it! you cut into shapes so it can be a milk bone shape.





2 cups of Wheat Flour


1 cup of Oats( like quaker oat meal oats)


1/3 cup of Peanut butter


1 1/4 cup of hot water





Pre-Heat oven to 350





1. Mix Dry ingredients together.


2.Mix the Peanut Butter and the hot water, then mix in the dry ingredients.*you may need to add more water if the dough is too sticky*


3. Knead the dough well.


4. Roll out the dough in 1/4'' thickness and cut into shapes.


5. Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet for 40 min, let cool.











and the icing my dogs love that i like to put on top because i think it looks better





1. one egg( yolk and white separated)


2. 1/4 tsp of water


food coloring( human food coloring works just fine no worries!)





1. Separate the egg yolk from the white


2. Pour the yolk into a bowl and add water


3.Whisk together until thoroughly combined.


4. Add desired amount of food coloring whisk until color is completely mixed in


5. Paint onto treat let dry and watch your puppy enjoy!I need dog treat recipes that you've had good luck with?
I keep things pretty simple.





Boneless chicken breast-Bake until done, let cool, cut up into bite sized chunks.





Beef, Pork, Chicken or Turkey Liver- Baked at 350 until slightly dry but still chewy and then cut up into bite sized chunks. I will also dehydrate the livers.





Hot dogs-Just cut up plain, or microwaved for a few seconds. Sometimes I'll very lightly sprinkle them with garlic before putting them in the microwave.





String cheese- Just break bits off as needed.





Sometimes I'll put the liver on a baking rack with hot dogs and kibble underneath. The liver juices drip down onto the hot dogs and kibble making them even more valuable to the dog.





Dogs love these treats, they are easy to make, and more affordable than store bought treats full of who knows what.
FRENCH FRIES!. You can cut up potatoes and fry ( preferably bake ) them. They're very nutritious and the two of you can enjoy them at once.
just give it some small bones and it will be fine i guess thats what my grandma does and it works you should try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment