Thursday, January 7, 2010

Where can I find recipes from restaraunts?

At one time, several years ago, I was sent an email with the recipe for Olive Garden salad dressing, Max %26amp; Erma's tortilla soup, Aunti Anne's pretzels and so on....Where can I find recipes from restaraunts?
Try this site-it has a lot of good recipes!





http://www.copycat-recipes.net/Where can I find recipes from restaraunts?
buy a good cooking book written by a chef
http://www.recipelink.com


search Olive Garden
ask the reataurant
There are several copycat sites and they are all good!
I agree with the polite poster two above me - copykat.com. I got the OG salad dressing recipe off of there and their raspberry cheesecake too! It's a great site! :)
For American restaurants, try


http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/


I haven't lookd in a while, but they used to have a lot of great ones.





Yah, never mind that, I just re-checked their site, and although I can tell you, their recipes are 100% on, perfect copies or the restaurant ones, they now make you pay to access them....only $0.79US, but still, that blows.
There are websites, and there are books (often hawked on those very websites).





But if you are wanting a recipe from a non-chain restaurant, then don't ever dismiss the possibility of asking the chef! My friends and I went to a Bavarian restaurant a couple of years ago, and one of them raved how the German potato salad was the closest she'd ever had to how her mom used to make it. So on a total lark, I asked our server if he could get us the recipe. Sure enough, when he brought us the bill, he also brought me a 3x5 card with an ingredient list and prep instructions! The only thing the chef couldn't tell me was quantities, since he makes it in such big batches and often throws things in ';to taste';.
why bother? your food will probably suck anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment