Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm looking for recipes to go in wraps?

I'm trying to eliminate bread from my diet in order to cut a few carbs and reduce a few calories (and my waist) and I bought a package of whole wheat 0 carbs wraps, but the only thing I know to put inside it is chicken caesar salad. If anyone has a good recipe or two or a web site that has a few, I sure would appreciate it. I'm afraid I'll get tired of chicken caesar salad wraps real fast without a couple of alternativesI'm looking for recipes to go in wraps?
Breakfast wrap: scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, salsa





Lunch wrap: sliced turkey breast, low fat cheese, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, light mayo





Dinner wrap: Hot shredded meat (beef or chicken), hot brown rice, steamed %26amp; chopped vegetables, low fat cheese........I'm looking for recipes to go in wraps?
I have an AMAZING RECIPE - I just created this last night.





In a tortilla, place 1 chicken breast cut into strips, along with cucumber strips, red bell pepper strips, cilantro leaves, diced tomato, and some shredded romaine or other lettuce. Drizzle some SWEET CHILI SAUCE (Thai sauce served with spring rolls) over the inside. Roll, and eat. YUMMY!
go to Kraftfoods.com


they got some good stuff
I LOVE to wrap stuff! My favorite is a spicy peanut sauce and/or ginger sesame, romaine, with cucumber slices, shredded carrots, bean sprouts and chicken! You can find the spicy peanut sauce in the international foods aisle of most major stores now. For ginger sesame I recommend Lighthouse brand in the refrigerated salad dressing aisle. You can wrap anything you would normally make into a sandwhich with bread. If you want to lower your calories even more, consider wrapping everything in a romaine lettuce leaf. Oh, I want one right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment