Thursday, January 7, 2010

What are some good pasta recipes ?

I'm looking for hot or cold recipes, with no tomato sauce or alfredo sauce.What are some good pasta recipes ?
I'm going to share my secrets.....LOL I make this almost everytime I need something for a potluck dinner, or a picnic, or just to keep my family happy. It's more a springboard than an actual recipe. First you need to gather and chop your veggie choices. I always add red onion, celery, sliced mushrooms and finely minced garlic. Then open your cans. I use sliced black olives, gabanzo beans, baby corn (cut into small chunks) You can then also add..small cubes of a good smoked ham, cubed cheese....provolone, mozzarella, sharp cheddar. Pick your pasta.....if you want to be impressive, try using cheese tortellini, or just your favorite pasta shape. Cook as much pasta as you need, per package directions. (for about 30-40 people as a potluck dish I use three pounds of pasta) When the pasta is cooked, run it under cold water till it's cooled a bit. Mix all your assembled ingredients with the pasta. For each pound of pasta you've used, I usually use one bottle of italian salad dressing. You can use plain italian, basalmic vinagrette, roast red pepper.........anything you like. (I usually prefer one plain italian dressing and a couple of spicier ones) Throw in a handful of grated parmessan cheese, stir well and either serve or chill. This works so well during the summer.....since it has no mayo or eggs it won't go 'bad' as quickly as other salads. You can change any and everything......add drained rinsed kidney beans....throw in a handful of fresh parsley, or basil.....you can add diced tomatoes, drained canned, diced tomatoes...you can definitely add chopped bell peppers. I don't think you can make this wrong and in all the years I've made this salad....I have never brought home leftovers. Good luck!What are some good pasta recipes ?
We like spaghetti %26amp; broccoli at our house.





Melt 1 tbsp butter in a large skillet. Add 1 tbsp olive oil.


Add 1 garlic clove, minced, and 1/2 large onion, chopped. Sautee over medium heat until the onion is transparent and soft, about 7-10 minutes.


Add 1/2 tsp dried oregano or Italian seasoning and 1 bag of frozen broccoli cuts. Stir well, then cover the pan. Let cook until the broccoli is bright green and hot, about 10 minutes. Add 1 can of drained carrots if desired, heat through, 2-3 minutes.





Serve over cooked spaghetti, topped with grated Parmesan.





You can also add cooked chicken breasts to this, or cook the chicken with the onion %26amp; garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment