Thursday, January 7, 2010

What recipes do you put in your kong?

I'm looking for a few more ideas. Your dog's favourites please.


(original recipes please, not from the kong sight)


Thank you!!!!!!! :)What recipes do you put in your kong?
I have a few that I have done for my dog that he loves I take a whole carrot and chop off the end and grate the entire thing. Take the grated carrot and add about two or three tablespoons of peanut butter and mix it well and start stuffing. Once it's all stuffed I put it in the freezer for about 45 min and let him go at it. It entertains him for quite some time. I just have to make sure to leave enough water out for him.





Another fave is taking leftover baked macaroni and cheese and add some kibble or pupperonis in it and let him have fun.





I have also taken cream cheese and added scraps of meat from the table ( steak, pork chops and chicken) just make sure the meat has been cooked well and mix it together and stuff the kong.





Also my dog loves fruit. I know not all dogs do, but if your dog does this is a good one. I finely chop up apples (his favorite, he eats them whole)pineapples, and bananas and mix it with either cream cheese or vanilla yogurt and put it in the freezer for about a half hour or so and let him go. He loves it.





Of course you must remember to clean it out well in between each use. I will let it soak in warm soapy water and use a bottle scrubber or run it through the dishwasher. Good luck hope this helps.What recipes do you put in your kong?
I stuff it with canned dog food and freeze it overnight.





Remember that you can freeze just about anything for added entertainment value. It's especially good for hot days.





The whole ';tongue stuck in the hole'; thing is rare, and it doesn't happen if you get the correct size for your dog. If you think his tongue is going to get stuck, get the next size up.
I actually just got a kong toy for my dogs the other day. So far I only have cooked some hamburger up and stuffed the kong and put it in the freezer and they loved it. I am trying to think on new ones too.
Please don't use a kong.





There have been incidents where the dog's tongue has gotten caught and has had to be amputated.





http://thechaistory.blogspot.com/2008/08鈥?/a>
hope this one helps:





http://dogtime.com/kong-filling-dog-food鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment